Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I use WpStream for?
LIVE, Video-on-Demand, and Pay-Per-View on WordPress websites. Understand us better by reading this illustrative article.
2. What are Viewer Hours?
Viewer hours are the
total number of people watching x total streaming hours
More information and definitions are found here.
3. Which subscription plan is the best for my streaming needs?
We calculate your ideal plan based on the number of hours you will be streaming, the number of viewers, the amount of storage you need, and the quality of your broadcast. You can find more information about this by checking out our article on “Choosing the Best Plan for your Business”.
4. How many channels can I run simultaneously?
As many as you would like!
5. Can I stream on multiple sites?
Yes. You can use the same WpStream account for multiple WordPress websites.
6. Is it possible to embed a live video or VOD into a page or an article?
Yes, via short codes. See tutorials here.
7. Can my website users broadcast on their own?
Regular users are able to broadcast via the Front-End. Please check out this article for the official feature documentation.
8. Is my content private?
Yes. Your content will not be shared with any business or institution for marketing or any other purpose. We are GDPR compliant.
9. Will WpStream take down / censor / mute my live broadcasts?
Never! We are avid believers of free speech and encourage diversity.
10. I am not streaming but my bandwidth is still decreasing. Why?
Your viewers may be watching Videos-on-Demand or your channel may still be active, read here for more details.
11. How can I live stream 24/7 or have a static key?
12. How do I cancel my subscription?
To cancel your subscription, follow the simple steps here. Hope to see you soon!
13. What are the limitations of the free trial?
You can test all our features. Nothing is off limits!
You get up to 5.5 GB of streaming data for testing.
14. What payment methods can I purchase subscription plans with?
You can use your credit card, debit card, American Express, PayPal, and many more.
15. What can I live stream with?
Any app with RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol) capability. For example, Wirecast, OBS, XSplit, iPhones, and Androids. See here.
16. How many people can watch simultaneously?
Virtually no limits, you can stream to hundreds of thousands or more.
17. Can I use the plugin with my own theme?
Our plugin is especially designed to work well with any theme or plugin out there.
18. Can I monetize my content?
Absolutely! You can set up subscription plans, pay-per-view, or hybrid models. Find out more information about the different monetization options here.
19. Is my content secure?
Yes. Unauthorized users and businesses have no access whatsoever to your published content. Find out more information about how we protect your data here.
20. Do I have ownership rights over my own content?
You have full ownership and control over your content. You are fully responsible for the content that you broadcast.
21. I am broadcasting but there is no video in the player. Why?
22. How can I reduce the live delay time in the player?
23. How can I remove the viewer count while streaming?
Before starting a Live Event, you must first disable the viewer count. It is enabled by default as seen here.